Skip to main content

10. I want to purchase a flat. What should I do before I sign the provisional sale and purchase agreement and pay the initial deposit?

Updated by Adminyumi on

Ask your agent or the vendor whether there is anything that may lower the value of the flat, or better still, try to obtain a copy of the land search record about the flat.


What is a land search?


A land search is a search of the Government Land Registry to obtain the history of the flat and other relevant information. For example, it will show you things like:


6. I suspect that my sales executive has repeatedly sent client details to a rival company and I want to dismiss him. Can I terminate his employment contract immediately without giving him advance notice or wages in lieu of notice?

Updated by Adminyumi on

With reference to section 9 of the Employment Ordinance, employers may summarily dismiss their employees without advance notice or wages in lieu of notice if their employees:


a. wilfully disobey any lawful and reasonable orders;
b. are guilty of misconduct;
c. are guilty of fraud or dishonesty; or
d. are habitually neglectful in their duties.

Subscribe to