Skip to main content

III. Land resumption

Once the development project or development scheme is launched, the URA has to repossess the land for redevelopment.


The URA first considers acquiring properties in redevelopment areas through private negotiation. If the URA fails to acquire land by private agreement for whatever reasons, such as title problems, probate cases or untraceable owners, the URA will make a request to the Government for resumption of the land pursuant to the Lands Resumption Ordinance (Cap. 124 of the Laws of Hong Kong).