Skip to main content

A. URA-implemented redevelopment projects

Under the Urban Renewal Authority Ordinance (Cap. 563 of the Laws of Hong Kong), the URA may implement a project by way of a development project or a development scheme.


Development project


If, in accordance with the Town Planning Ordinance (Cap. 131 of the Laws of Hong Kong), amendment of the land use indicated in the Outline Zoning Plan (OZP) is not required, the URA can implement the project as a "development project". 


Development scheme


If the project area is sizable and an amendment to the land use zoning indicated in the OZP is required, the URA can implement the project by means of a "development scheme".


Since the OZP has to be amended, the URA has to submit a draft plan to the Town Planning Board. After a hearing, the URA considers their presentations and comments received in respect of the draft plan, and submits a draft plan or amended draft plan to the Chief Executive in Council for approval.