Skip to main content

1. I am getting old and I want to execute an Enduring Power of Attorney.  I have 3 grown up children who are all fine and trustworthy persons.  But I want to let my wife handle my financial affairs in case I become mentally incapacitated.

Basically you are free to appoint whatever person you like to be your attorney under an Enduring Power of Attorney.  However, if you are getting old, probably your wife is also getting old; so it may not be a good idea to have your wife to handle your financial affairs by herself.  Maybe you can consider letting your wife and one of your children to be your attorney jointly and severally, so that either one of them can exercise their power as an attorney and take care of your financial affairs in case you become mentally incapacitated.