Skip to main content

4. What can I do if someone has published or is threatening to publish intimate images of me?

It is an offence contrary to section 159AAE of the Crimes Ordinance (Cap. 200) to publicise or threaten to publicise intimate images without the consent of the person. 


If such intimate images have been published, you may report the matter to the police. If criminal proceedings are brought in relation to an offence under Section 159AAD or 159AAE, the Secretary for Justice may, in accordance to section 159AAL of the Crimes Ordinance (Cap. 200), submit an application to the magistrates to request for such intimate images to be removed, deleted, or destroyed and at the discretion of the magistrates, it may be ordered that such intimate images be removed, deleted, or destroyed within a specified period.


For information about relevant NGO that may provide assistance, please refer to the "IV. Assistance" section.