Skip to main content

4. What should I do if I want to obtain legal representation from the Duty Lawyer Scheme?

You should attend the Duty Lawyer Service's Court Liaison Office in the Magistrates Court where you will appear. If you are held in custody, you will be contacted automatically by the staff of the Court Liaison Office at the cell of the Magistrates Court on the day of your first court appearance.


The Duty Lawyer Service has its Court Liaison Office in each and every Magistrates Court in Hong Kong. For enquiries, you may also contact the Administration Office of the Duty Lawyer Service at 23/F, Asia Orient Tower, Town Place, 33 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong (Tel.: 2526 5969; Fax: 2868 1754; email: