Skip to main content

D. Insurance against damage or loss of property

Loss of or damage to household contents such as furniture, decoration, electrical appliances and personal valuables can be insured. A typical example of such kind of insurance is a "Householder's Comprehensive" insurance policy which may provide cover in one package for


  1. loss of or damage to the contents of a dwelling caused by fire, lightning, explosion, burst water pipes, theft, typhoon and windstorm, and flood;
  2. loss of or damage to servants' property;
  3. costs of alternative accommodation during the period in which the household is being repaired after a misfortune that is insured against;
  4. liability to the public; and
  5. personal accident benefits for the policyholder.