Skip to main content

4. Do I need to ask my own lawyer/accountant to be appointed as the provisional liquidator? Can a government official (e.g. the Official Receiver) act as the provisional liquidator so that I do not need to pay for my own lawyer/accountant to act as the provisional liquidator?

Yes. You may apply for the Court to appoint either qualified persons or the Official Receiver to act as the provisional liquidator. However, you will still have to deposit $3,500 to the Official Receiver’s Office.