Skip to main content

6. A winding-up order is finally granted by the Court against AZ Company. What should Mr. C do in order to secure his rights on recovering the debt?

Mr. C has to supply proof of the debt owed to him by AZ Company by completing a Proof of Debt Form (Form 63A). He should submit the form to the provisional liquidator or liquidator together with any documentary evidence that he may have. A filing fee of $35 is required if the debt exceeds $250. Mr. C may attend or even summon a general meeting of creditors so that he can participate in the decisions concerning the distribution of the remaining property of AZ Company.