Skip to main content

10. My company has a practice of keeping photocopies of newspaper articles about the company and its competitors in an archive accessible to its staff. Is my company liable for copyright infringement?

Yes, your company is liable for making copies of the newspaper articles without the licence or permission of the copyright owners. To obtain a licence from publishers of local newspapers, your company may contact the Hong Kong Copyright Licensing Association (HKCLA) , which represents authors and publishers of 12 local newspapers and 19 local magazines. Alternatively, you may directly contract the relevant newspapers companies in order to seek their permission.