Skip to main content

2. As the landlord, must I sign an estate agency agreement when I ask an agent to help me let my flat?

In compliance with section 45 of the Estate Agents Ordinance (Cap. 511), you as the landlord must sign an estate agency agreement ‘Form 5’ before you can engage an estate agent for leasing a residential property in Hong Kong.  The form must be duly signed by you and your estate agent.


You must read the agreement carefully before signing.  If you do not understand any part of the agreement, you may ask the estate agent or consult a lawyer.  The estate agent should give you a copy of the signed agreement and you are advised to retain the copy for future reference.