Skip to main content

2. As a tenant, must I sign an estate agency agreement when I ask an agent to show me a flat?

In compliance with section 45 of the Estate Agents Ordinance (Cap. 511), you as the tenant must sign an estate agency agreement ‘Form 6’ before you can engage an estate agent for leasing a residential property in Hong Kong.  The form must be duly signed by you and your estate agent.


You must read the agreement carefully before signing.  If you do not understand any part of the agreement, you may ask the estate agent or consult a lawyer.  The estate agent should give you the original or a copy of the signed agreement and you are advised to retain the copy for future reference.