Skip to main content

7. I only know that my underage son, has been arrested but I don't know which police station he is in, what should I do?

As stated in Question 6, the police is under a duty to make reasonable efforts to locate and inform the parent(s) or guardian(s) of an arrested young person. Where they are unable to get in contact with you, you should consider contacting your lawyer as soon as possible. You can also consider contacting the relevant police station (for instance, the police station close to the area where the incident happened) to make enquiries.