Skip to main content

11. I found that I made a mistake when I was making a statement, but I have already signed the document, what can I do?

You are entitled to make amendment or clarification to your statement.


For written statements, there is a concluding line at the end of every statement stating that the author of the statement may make amendments, additions and redactions to their statements. It is important to note that these changes will be recorded.


When you realized you made a mistake to your statement, you should consider informing the police of your wish to make changes/clarification to your statement as soon as possible. You might need to provide a supplemental statement accordingly.