Skip to main content

1. My father died intestate many years ago. My mother did not obtain a Letter of Administration. My mother just died intestate. What should I do to administer the estates of my father and mother? 

Since grants have not been made in respect of the estates of my father and mother, I must apply for them.


Under r.21(1)(ii) of Non-Contentious Probate Rules (Cap. 10A), I have a beneficial interest in the estates of my father and mother and am entitled to the respective grants to administration.


For the relevant procedure, please see the section regarding Letter of Administration – Procedures.