Skip to main content

Q2. If I have paid a sum of money to the other party in the agreement, and subsequently I reported the case to the police, and it turns out that it is the other party who has committed the offence of "careless driving". Can I ask for the money back?


As discussed above, one same incident can lead to difference aspects of civil and criminal liabilities. If you have paid according to an agreement, it seems that there is no reason, even that the other party has committed a criminal act, that you can get your money refunded unless the contract contains some clauses which allow such refund.