Skip to main content

3. What can I do if I feel I am being discriminated against?

You can take action in one or more of the following ways:


  • If the complaint is job-related, you can lodge a complaint with your organisation's management or seek other forms of help from the staff association of your company, the labour union of your particular business/profession (if you belong to one), or social workers.
  • If the complaint is related to the provision of goods, services or facilities, you can lodge a complaint (or a request for improvement) with the provider of the goods/ services/facilities.
  • Lodge a complaint with the EOC (see Part VI: How to Complain).
  • Take your case to court.

Remember to write down a record of what has happened as soon as possible while the incident is still fresh in your mind. The information will help you to recall details at a later date should you wish to lodge a complaint or take court action.