Skip to main content

10. What if I receive even worse treatment after I have lodged a complaint? If my friend is being discriminated against because he acts as a witness for me, can my friend also lodge a complaint?

This treatment is considered as "victimisation", which is prohibited under section 9 of the SDO. The law protects complainants as well as witnesses against victimisation. If such treatment occurs, you and your friend should immediately inform the people who are dealing with your complaint (e.g. your organisation's complaints officer, staff representative, solicitor, or the Equal Opportunities Commission, depending on the course of action you have chosen).


For more details on how to lodge a complaint, please go to Part VI: How to Complain.