Skip to main content

6. What can a parent do if both parents are granted joint custody of their children and they have parenting disputes?

Parents with joint custody who have parenting disagreements or disputes should consider using mediation or parenting co-ordination to resolve their dispute. If the parents have not yet reached an agreement, they will have to make an application to the court and for it to decide in the best interest of the child.