Skip to main content

3. My spouse has disappeared for many years and I do not know his/her whereabouts. How can I serve the petition and other documents to him/her?

You may apply to court for permission to use substitute mode of service, or to substitute notice of the proceedings by advertisement. An application for such permission shall be supported by an affidavit setting out the grounds on which the application is made.


If the notice of proceedings is substituted by advertisement, The advertisement should contain the information in the petition and the form of any advertisement must be settled by the Registrar.