Skip to main content

D. Parental Rights

Where unmarried cohabitants have children, the mother has all the rights and authority regarding the child’s custody and upbringing, while the natural father does not have automatic parental rights. To enjoy parental rights, the natural father must make an application for a Court Order under ( Section 3(1)(c) of the Guardianship of Minors OrdinanceCap. 13 ).