Skip to main content

7. After the decree nisi is granted, if the petitioner does not apply for the decree to be made absolute (Form 5), can the respondent initiate the process by filling the Form 5?

Yes. Either the petitioner or the respondent can initiate the process to apply for the decree nisi be made absolute by the filing a Form 5. The law does not specify that only petitioners can make this application.